About Acorn-Gencon Plastics
Acorn-Gencon® Plastics provides complete injection-molded product solutions from concept to completion. Engineered design services combined with complete manufacturing capabilities ensure the best project production flow from concept to completion.
Take a visual tour Acorn-Gencon
Understand our Injection Molding Machines
Dedicated staff of experienced project managers. 2D & 3D file handling capabilities (AutoCad, ProE, Solidworks). Rapid prototypes (SLA, SLS, thermoplastic). Mold design review. Process and tooling trouble-shooting.
Full service toolroom to support production. CNC machining centers, sinker EDM, lathes and surface grinders. Complete project management of Chinese and Domestic mold-making. Mold design. Mold maintenance and preventative maintenance programs. Mold sampling.
28 injection molding presses, from 55 to 650 tons. Process automation with robotics. Insert molding and co-molding / over-molding. Short and long runs. Short lead times.
Watch Acorn-Gencon Machine Video
Quality Assurance, ISO 9001: Certification
Fully equipped Quality Assurance Lab (CMM, RAM Optical). SPC capabilities. Capability studies (PCS). ANSI/ASW Z1.4 AQL lot sampling.
Sub-assembly to complete assembly. Ultrasonic welding. Hot stamping. Retail packaging. Part machining.
Strength and Growth
- In 1972 Acorn Engineering started in the Injection Plastic Molding business with a relationship with Savannah Plastics.
- 1996 Acorn Engineering purchases Savannah Plastics and forms Acorn Custom Molding, Inc.
- 2001 Acorn Custom Molding merges with Gencon Plastics, Inc. to form Acorn-Gencon Plastics, LLC.
- 2003 Partners with Campbell Plastics, Inc.
- 2004 Acquires Dart Plastics,Inc.
- 2009 Partners with Universal Plastics, Inc.
Watch Morris Group International Video