About Acorn-Gencon Plastics
Acorn-Gencon® Plastics provides complete injection-molded product solutions from concept to completion. Engineered design services combined with complete manufacturing capabilities ensure the best project production flow from concept to completion.
Dedicated staff of experienced project managers. 2D & 3D file handling capabilities (AutoCad, ProE, Solidworks). Rapid prototypes (SLA, SLS, thermoplastic). Mold design review. Process and tooling trouble-shooting.
Full service toolroom to support production. CNC machining centers, sinker EDM, lathes and surface grinders. Complete project management of Chinese and Domestic mold-making. Mold design. Mold maintenance and preventative maintenance programs. Mold sampling.
27 injection molding presses, from 55 to 650 tons. Process automation with robotics. Insert molding and co-molding / over-molding. Short and long runs. Short lead times.
Quality Assurance, ISO 9001: Certification
Fully equipped Quality Assurance Lab (CMM, RAM Optical). SPC capabilities. Capability studies (PCS). ANSI/ASW Z1.4 AQL lot sampling.
Sub-assembly to complete assembly. Ultrasonic welding. Hot stamping. Retail packaging. Part machining.
Strength and Growth
- In 1972 Acorn Engineering started in the Injection Plastic Molding business with a relationship with Savannah Plastics.
- 1996 Acorn Engineering purchases Savannah Plastics and forms Acorn Custom Molding, Inc.
- 2001 Acorn Custom Molding merges with Gencon Plastics, Inc. to form Acorn-Gencon Plastics, LLC.
- 2003 Partners with Campbell Plastics, Inc.
- 2004 Acquires Dart Plastics,Inc.
- 2009 Partners with Universal Plastics, Inc.